Upgrade your needle axles for easier installation and better performance. These upgraded axles fit into standard axle slots or holes (drilled with a #44 bit), and include removable retainer beads. An installation tool is provided for installing and adjusting axles.
This product contains:
- 4 - Upgraded Needle Axles
- 10 - Retainer Beads (only four are used at a time)
- 1 - Installation Tool
- Top Performance - Axles are precision-machined from stainless steel to provide excellent precision in all dimensions for smooth, fast, and straight runs.
Less Flex - The steel material is harder than the regular needle axles to minimize undesirable flexing.
Easier Installation - No need to drill tiny holes for the needle axles. These axles fit into standard axle slots or holes (drilled with a #44 drill bit). The installation tool is used to press them into place.
- Easy Cleaning and Re-lube - The retainer beads can be easily removed to allowing cleaning and re-lubing of the wheels and axles.
These axles are intended for use with RSN and RSNX wheels. They cannot be used with the SSN wheels.
- Polish the axles with 5101-Axle Polish, or use the two finest papers in our 5100-Axle Polishing Kit.
- Select four beads that fit snuggly onto the axle shafts.
- Prepare the axle hole or slot by reaming with a #44 drill bit.
Do not install axles until car is complete. Axle shafts will be damaged if removed.
- Press each axle into place using the installation tool.
- Apply lube to an axle; we recommend 5106-Kryox 100.
- Place a wheel onto the axle with the dish-side of the wheel facing the car body.
- Press a bead onto the axle shaft. Use a gap gauge to set the distance between the car body and the wheel. No glue is required for the bead.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 for the other three wheels.
- To remove the wheels, grasp the retaining bead with pair of pliers, then twist and pull.
The alignment of the car can be adjusted using the installation tool. With the wheel removed, slide the tool onto the axle, then bend the axle as desired.
|Axle Diameter - Wide Section||Axle Diameter - Narrow Section||Overall Length||Narrow Section Length||Material|
|0.087 inch||0.035 inch||1.000 inch||0.400 inch||Stainless Steel|