Have a need for higher pinewood derby performance? Try our Pro SR/SRG Stainless Steel Axles! The SR/SRG line of axles are the go to axles of Pro/League racers, the fastest of the fast! These axles are precision, CNC-machined on a Swiss screw machine for the top performing and quality axle on the market . They are equipped with a straight, round, and smooth shaft, and a slightly tapered head to reduce wheel-to-axle contact.
These axle provides a good fit with BSA, PineCar, Awana, and MV wheels, while simplifying installation into the block. In addition no preparation is required as there are NO BURRS OR CRIMP MARKS, and the axles have a smooth hard finish.
- Burrs and crimp marks are not present, eliminating tedious work.
- The axle head is slightly beveled to minimize contact with the outside wheel hub, and accurately replicates the head of a BSA nail.
- The axle shaft is formed to a high tolerance, ensuring top performance.
- The superior stainless steel provides a smooth hard surface. No preparation is required.(1)
Pro SR91 Stainless Steel Axles substitute for official BSA, PineCar, and other nail type axles.(2) However, while these axles closely resemble BSA axles, they are not the official nail, and are not exact replicas.
- Shaft Diameter: .091 inch ± 0.0005 (BSA: 0.088 ± 0.002)
- Head Diameter: .208 inch ± 0.0005 (BSA: 0.208 ± 0.004)
- Shaft Length: 1 inch (BSA: Same)
- Material: Stainless Steel (BSA: Zinc-coated steel)
(1) These axles will perform well with no preparation. However, if desired, you can use Diamond Polish to improve the shine.
(2) The Pro Stainless Steel Axles are not intended for use with our Outlaw Wheels