For the highest possible shine, polish your axles with our 1 micron diamond polish after using the 5100-Axle Polishing Kit.
- Perform the following steps to polish axles. Always were safety glasses when using a rotating tool to polish axles.
- Fasten a drill or rotating tool to a worksurface using a Drill Mount, clamp, or vise.
- Insert an axle into the chuck of the tool, and start the drill.
- Apply a small dab of polish to a clean, soft rag.
- Apply the polish to the axle for about 15 seconds. Make sure to polish the portion of the shaft on which the wheel will spin, and polish the underside of the axle head.
- Buff off the residue with a clean part of the rag until no more black residue comes off the axle.
- Repeat the above steps for each axle.
- Gently clean the axles with Isopropyl Alcohol, rinse with water, and then dry thoroughly.
“Our Diamond Polish is a step finer than our Axle Polishing Kit. So first, use the Axle Polishing Kit. Then use the Diamond Polish for an extra fine shine on your axles.”