Wax the Wheel Bores to Improve performance!
Tests show that waxing the bore of your wheels will improve pinewood derby car performance when using Max-V-Lube Graphite or when using Krytox 100. Using Pro-Bore Wax will reduce the coefficient of friction, allowing the wheels to spin faster and more freely. This equates to improved performance on the track.
Pro-Bore Wax Instructions
Pro-Bore Wax works best after the wheel bores have been polished with Bore Polish. Waxing the bore is the last step in wheel preparation before lubricating the wheels.
- Apply a small dab of Pro-Bore Wax to a piece of the narrow pipe cleaner.
- Slide the pipe cleaner into a wheel bore and rotate the pipe cleaner so that the bore of the wheel is completely coated with wax.
- Remove the pipe cleaner and set the wheel aside.
- In the same way, apply wax to the other three wheels.
- After thirty minutes, insert a piece of the wide pipe cleaner into the bore of a wheel.
- Move the pipe cleaner back and forth to buff the wax.
- Repeat for the other three wheels.
- Buff any wax on the hubs as needed with a soft cloth.
- Lubricate the wheels as per the manufacturers instructions.
“In our experiments, the use of Wheel Bore Polish followed by Pro-Bore Wax improved wheel spin times for both Max-V-Lube and Krytox 100 lubes.”