Say “Goodbye” to burrs, crimp marks, and polishing! These BSA Pinewood Derby Speed Axles are precision-made to replicate the official BSA nail, but without the burrs and crimp marks. They are polished to 3,000 grit.(1) Just lube and race.
- Accurate, round shaft to improve performance,
- No burrs and crimp marks, eliminating tedious work
- Axle head is slightly and accurately beveled to minimize contact with the outside wheel hub
- Axle head is round and centered on the axle shaft
- Shaft is polished to 3,000 grit.
Gently wipe off the axles with a soft cloth, then lubricate with good quality graphite (we recommend Max-V-Lube) or with Krytox 100.
Shaft Diameter: 0.087 inch ± 0.0005 (BSA: 0.088 ± 0.002)
Shaft Length: 1 inch (same as BSA)
Material: Zinc-coated steel (same as BSA)
(1) Three-thousand grit polishing produces an axle that is generally shiny to the eye, however, this polishing level does not produce a mirror finish. Fine polish lines will be seen under magnification.