Max-V-Lube dry graphite is a proprietary blend of high-purity natural flake graphite for pinewood derby cars. After extensive testing against other brands of graphite, we are offering Max-V-Lube as our premier graphite for pinewood derby performance.
Apply Max-V-Lube as follows:
- Fill the bore of the wheel with graphite.
- Insert an axle into the wheel bore.
- With one hand, firmly grasp the axle and hold the axle horizontal to the ground.
- With the other hand, spin the tire gently — don’t drop the axle. Spin the wheel ten times.
- Hold the axle with the wheel hanging towards the ground.
- Deposit some lube into the gap between the axle and wheel bore.
- Tap the wheel gently to help move the lube down into the wheel bore.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7, two more times.
- Finally, spin the wheel 10 times. Don’t add any more graphite after this point.
After performing this procedure keep the wheel/axle pairs together as a unit.
The chart below shows the result of racing one car with four sets of wheels on a 32 foot track. Two sets of the wheels were lubricated with Max-V-Lube, while the other sets were lubricated with Tube-O-Lube. All other factors were the same. Each set of wheels was mounted on the car and raced twenty times. The high and low run for each was eliminated, and then the results for each lube were averaged.
- Carbon Content: 99.9% (typical)
- Particle Size: 80-90% -200 Mesh (approx. 75 micron)
- Quantity: 0.25 ounce