Reach Maximum Velocity in Your Awana Race!
Are you looking for an edge in your Awana race? Then look no further! These Ultralite Speed wheels are precision machined by DerbyWorx with a CNC (computerized) lathe to within 0.0005 inches for the ultimate in accuracy and thus, maximum performance. To provide you with an awesome set of wheels, DerbyWorx performs the following operations:
- Inner hub face is squared to ensure accurate mounting on the CNC lathe.
- The wheel tread is lathed to achieve a perfectly round wheel and a flat tread surface.
- The inner edge of the wheel is trued and the molding mark removed.
- The weight of the wheel is reduced by removing excess plastic from the underside of the wheel tread and the inside wheel face.
- Both inner and outer wheel hubs are coned to reduce contact with the nail head and the car body.
- Round and smooth wheels roll faster than standard wheels.
- The weight reduction provides a faster start, and improves the balance of the wheel for a smoother ride.
These Ultralite Speed Wheels can be used without any additional preparation. Optionally polish the bore with Bore Polish, then lubricate and race!
Wheel Diameter: 1.178 ± 0.0005 (Raw Wheels: 1.190 to 1.200)
Wheel Bore ID: 0.098
Wheel Weight: 1.0 grams +/- 0.1 per wheel (Raw Wheels: 2.2 grams/wheel)