Dry transfer decals are a fast and easy way to customize your pinewood derby car. They apply quickly to any clean surface without the mess and bother of water transfer decals. Unlike stick-on decals, these high-quality decals can be rubbed around curves and edges, and there isn't a clear film around the edges of the decals.
Please note that the names of these decal sheets are in no way related to the car names in our car plan booklets. Any decal may be used on any car.
Unlike other decals, dry transfer decals are applied with pressure. To apply, follow this procedure:
- Remove any dust or debris from the surface of the car.
- Cut out the portion of the material that has the desired decal. It is not necessary to cut along the edge of the actual decal.
- Place the decal on the desired location on the car. Do not press firmly until the decal is positioned properly.
- Using a dull pencil, rub over the entire decal using medium pressure. Do not press very hard as the decal could tear or the car surface could be damaged.
- Carefully peel back the carrier material. If the decal is not fully transferred, replace the carrier material and rub on the untransferred area with the pencil.
- Remove the carrier material. If desired a clear gloss spray can be applied over the car and decals.
Don't forget to save the extra decals for another project!