Simplify alignment adjustments with our Slotted BSA Speed Axle. By putting a slight bend in the axle, you can use a small, flat blade screwdriver to rotate the axle, dialing in the desired alignment.
“This is a BSA Speed Axle (part 4094) with a slot on the head. By putting a slight bend in the axle and mounting the axle on the front dominant wheel, you can use a small screwdriver to adjust the alignment of the car. Neat!”
- If desired, polish the axle with our Metal Polish or our Axle Polishing Kit (skip the coarsest three papers – use the two finest papers).
- Use a Pro-Rail Rider or Pro-Axle Bender to put the desired bend in the axle (typically 1.5 degrees).
- Lubricate as usual, then mount the axle on the front dominant wheel.
- Test roll the car. To adjust, insert a gap gauge between the wheel hub and the car body, then slightly rotate the axle with a small flat blade screwdriver.
- Retest and repeat adjustment until the desired alignment is achieved.
Shaft Diameter: 0.087 inch ± 0.0005 (BSA: 0.088 ± 0.002)
Shaft Length: 1 inch (same as BSA)
Material: Zinc-coated steel (same as BSA)