Wheel Accuracy = Greater Speed!
The Pro-Outer Hub Shaver is a precision machined instrument that will improve the speed of your pinewood derby car by:
- Ensures accurate rotation by aligning the outer hub with the wheel bore for proper mounting on the Pro-Wheel Mandrel.
- Improves wheel hub to axle head contact by eliminating flaws on the outer wheel hub.
- Reduces axle to wheel contact by removing the two step recess on the outer hub and slightly coning the outer hub.
- The Pro-Outer Hub Shaver is intended for use on wheels from BSA kits. It is not intended for use on wheels from other manufacturers.
- A Pro-Hub Tool is required to use the Pro-Outer Hub Shaver.
To use the Pro-Outer Hub Shaver, follow the instructions below. Click on any of the small pictures to view a larger picture.
- Remove the protective cap from the square end of the Pro-Hub Tool, and then test fit each wheel by sliding it onto the pin. If the wheel bore is too small for the tool, use steady hand pressure and a twisting motion to work the wheel onto the tool. Remove the wheel and repeat three times on the same wheel.
Mount Pro-Outer Hub Shaver
- Slide the Pro-Outer Hub Shaver onto the pin of the square end of the Pro-Hub Tool; orient the cutting edge outwards. To minimize the risk of a hand injury, leave the protective cap on the coned end of the Pro-Hub Tool.
Cone the Hub
- Place a wheel onto the pin of the tool, spoke-side first.
- With one hand hold the Pro-Hub Tool and the Pro-Outer Hub Shaver, and with the other hand press the wheel against the tool. Rotate the wheel three complete revolutions.
- Check the outer hub and repeat if needed. But avoid cutting too deep into the wheel.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 for the other wheels.