Accurate Alignment= Greater Speed!
The Pro-Axle Bender provides a simple and repeatable method for bending pinewood derby axles. This allows rear wheels to run canted, and/or the front dominant axle to be aligned for rail-riding or straight alignment. Accurate alignment is one of the five keys to producing a fast pinewood derby car.
The Pro-Axle Bender is an improvement over the Pro-Rail Rider tool in that the axle bender provides full freedom in setting the bend angle, and it eliminates the risk of scarring polished axles.
The Pro-Axle Bender will work with axles from BSA, Awana, MV, PineCar, and many others. The tool will bend zinc and nickel-plated steel axles, as well as stainless steel and titanium axles.
To use the Pro-Axle Bender, follow the instructions below. Click on any of the small pictures to view a larger picture.
"The Pro-Axle Bender is an improvement over the Pro-Rail Rider tool in that the Pro-Axle Bender provides more freedom in setting the bend angle, and eliminates the risk of scarring polished axles. It is also much easier to use."
Pro-Axle Bender Usage Instructions
Setup the Tool
- Loosen the Locking Screw, insert a spare axle with the axle head centered in the cup-shaped indent in the tool, and then tighten the screw. Adjust the height of the Lock Ring to set the desired bend angle. The Lock Ring uses a 3/32 inch hex key.
- Insert the axle with the head positioned as shown in the photo. Tighten the screw (snug the screw, but don't over tighten.
- With your thumb on top of the black knob, use your index finger to lift up on the Bending Lever until the Lock Ring stops the lever. Remove the axle and verify/adjust the Lock Ring as needed. Before using the tool on the production axles, fully polish the axles.
- A chart is provided with the tool to correlate the height of the Lock Ring with a desired angle. Column "BSA" would be used for any standard diameter plated steel axle.
- The bend point can be adjusted by moving the axle forward or backward in the slot. Generaly, the axle head is centered in the pocket as shown.
- To minimize scarring at the bend point, lubricate the slot in the Pro-Axle Bender with a dry lube.