At just 5/16 inch thick the Detonator II is hot on the track and a great "looker". the Detonator II is aggressively weighted (1-1/2 ounces of weight are located behind the rear axle). When aligned for Rail-Riding (recommended), the Detonator II soars down the track, eliminating the competition.
The Detonator II Kit includes a pre-cut and drilled pine block, tungsten cylinders, and 3/16 inch tungsten beads (trim weighting), and instructions. Weight holes are located under the car for fine tuning. Wheels and axles are not included, so use the wheels and axles supplied by your club or order them separately.
Two types of standard wheel base versions, and an extended wheel base version are available:
- 5660 - Standard Wheel Base - Axle Slots: Precision-cut axle slots that match BSA specifications in placement, depth, and width.
- 5661 - Standard Wheel Base - Axle Holes: Precision-drilled axle holes that match BSA specifications for placement. The holes are drilled with a #44 bit (fits BSA axles). One front axle hole is slightly raised so that the car will ride on three wheels (best performance).
- 5662 - Extended Wheel Base: Precision-drilled axle holes located at an extended position. The holes are drilled with a #44 bit (fits BSA axles). One front axle hole is slightly raised so that the car will ride on three wheels (best performance).
The following standard options are available:
- 5661, 5662 - Drilled axle holes, 4 wheels on the ground - add $1.00.
- 5661, 5662 - Drilled axle holes for Awana axles (3/32" bit) - add $1.00.