Say "Goodbye" to burrs and crimp marks! These BSA Pinewood Derby Speed Axles are precision-made to replicate the official BSA nail, but without the burrs and crimp marks.
- Accurate, round shaft to improve performance,
- No burrs and crimp marks, eliminating tedious work
- Axle head is slightly and accurately beveled to minimize contact with the outside wheel hub
- Axle head is round and centered on the axle shaft
- Shaft has a shiny plated surface. You can use the axles as is, or polish them with our Axle Polishing Kit or with our Axle Polish.
"These BSA Speed Axles were custom made just for Maximum Velocity. They look just like BSA nails, but are more accurate, have a slightly beveled head, and do not have the typical nail flaws."
You can use these axles as is, or polish them with our Metal Polish or our Axle Polishing Kit (skip the coarsest three papers - use the two finest papers).
Shaft Diameter: 0.087 inch ± 0.0005 (BSA: 0.088 ± 0.002)
Shaft Length: 1 inch (same as BSA)
Material: Zinc-coated steel (same as BSA)