Take advantage of the ultra-high performance of needle axles! These precision machined outlaw-style pinewood derby wheels and needle axles from DerbyWorx are one of the fastest wheels on the market.
This product contains:
- 4 - Outlaw Wheels with small bores
- 6 - Needle Axles
- 2 - 1/32 inch Drill Bits (for drilling car body)
The Needle Axle Upgrade Kit is highly recommended to simply installation, and to improve the performance of these wheels.
- Top Performance - Precision-machined from the raw material (not injection-molded like most wheels) to provide excellent precision in all dimensions for smooth, fast, and straight runs.
- Less Surface Contact per Rotation - Our regular outlaw wheels have a linear contact between the wheel bore and the axle per revolution of .289 inches. Due to the smaller bore size, these needle wheels have a linear contact of 0.126 inches, a 56% reduction in surface contact per revolution. Over the course of a 32 foot track (actual distance traveled is about 27), this results in a reduction of over 44 inches of linear contact!
- Fast Starts - Very light weight for the fastest starts possible.
- Minimal Friction from Car Body - Pre-beveled hubs minimize contact with the axle head and car body.
- Minimal Track Surface Friction - Extremely small contact patch minimizes track friction.
- Minimal Lane Guide Friction - The wheel sides are beveled to minimize contact with the lane guide.
- Well-balanced - Machined from Delrin for uniform density throughout.
- Computer Designed - To provide the maximum mechanical advantage over axle friction.
"If you want to get the most speed out of parts 4042 and 4043, and simplify needle axle installation, get our Needle Axle Upgrade Kit."
These wheels are ready to roll - just lube and go. Do not sand the tread surface as this may detract from performance. Make sure to mount the wheels with the "dish side" towards the car.
To prepare the car body, axle holes must be drilled with the supplied 1/32 inch drill bit. The holes must be drilled accurately, so use an accurate drill press, and drill slowly to minimize flexing of the drill bit.
|Wheel Diameter||Tread Contact Width||Overall Hub Width||Wheel Bore ID||Wheel Weight||Material|