Say "Goodbye" to burrs and crimp marks! Grooved Pinewood Derby Speed Axles are ready to roll.
- Accurate, round shaft to improve performance
- No burrs and crimp marks, eliminating tedious work
- Four shallow grooves are cut into the shaft to minimize wheel-axle contact.
- Axle head is slightly and accurately beveled to minimize contact with the outside wheel hub
- Axle head is round and centered on the axle shaft
- Shaft is shiny from the plating process; just finish the polishing with our Axle Polishing Kit, or with our Axle Polish.
"These Grooved BSA Speed Axles were custom made just for Maximum Velocity. They look just like BSA nails, but are more accurate, have a slightly beveled head, and do not have the typical nail flaws."
You can use these axles as is, or polish them with metal polish or our axle polishing kit (skip the coarsest three papers - use the two finest papers).
Shaft Diameter: 0.0870 inch ± 0.0005 (BSA: 0.088 ± 0.002)
Shaft Length: 1 inch (same as BSA)
Material: Zinc-coated steel (same as BSA)