MAXIMUM VELOCITY! ®
Pinewood Derby Car Design
THE TRUCK is fun and easy to make. It provides great flexibility for fine-tuning the weight position to help achieve top performance.
In addition to the car kit and basic hand tools, you will need the following supplies to build THE TRUCK:
- 13/32 inch Brad Point or Forstner drill bit (can be larger or smaller)
- Coping saw or another type of saw
- 2.5 to 3 ounces of weight (can be Tundra, tungsten, or other). The truck in the photo uses lead with simulated stones on top.
- The windows were made from black window material (available from Maximum Velocity). The pinstriping is 1/8 inch black from Maximum Velocity and the reflective sticker material is from a hobby/craft store.
- The extended wheel base can be created by either cutting new axle slots with two hacksaw blades, or by drilling axle holes with the Pro-Body Tool. Instructions and templates are provided in the car plan booklet.
Copyright © 2017 by Maximum Velocity, Inc.
® Maximum Velocity! is a registered trademark of Maximum Velocity, Inc.
Awana is a registered trademark of Awana Clubs International
Pinewood Derby is a registered trademark of Boy Scouts of America
PineCar is a registered trademark of PineCar