The ultimate in axle technology. These titanium axles are precision, CNC-machined for top performance. They are equipped with a two-step, straight, round, and smooth shaft, and a slightly tapered head to reduce wheel-to-axle contact.
The two step shaft provides a good fit with BSA, PineCar, Awana, and MV wheels, while simplifying installation into the block. In addition no preparation is required(1) as there are NO BURRS OR CRIMP MARKS, and the axles have a smooth hard finish.
- Burrs and crimp marks are not present, eliminating tedious work.
- The axle head is slightly beveled to minimize contact with the outside wheel hub, and accurately replicates the head of a BSA nail.
- The axle shaft is formed to a high tolerance, ensuring top performance.
- The two-step axle shaft includes an oversized section to minimize wheel wobble, and a standard diameter section for easy block mounting.
- Titanium provides the ultimate in a hard, smooth surface. No preparation is required.(1)
- Stronger, but lighter than standard axles. These titanium axles weigh 1/3 less than regular axles.
“These Titanium Grooved Axles are the ultimate in axle technology. They are very strong, but also 1/3 lighter than regular axles. They come quite shiny, but can be further polished with our Axle Polishing Kit. For axle alignment, use the Pro-Axle Bender to make the required bend.”
Titanium Grooved Axles substitute for official BSA, PineCar, and other nail type axles.(2) However, while these axles closely resemble BSA axles, they are not the official nail, and are not exact replicas.
- Shaft Diameter: .088 inch ± 0.0005 and .093 inch ± 0.0005 (BSA: 0.088 ± 0.002)
- Head Diameter: .208 inch ± 0.0005 (BSA: 0.208 ± 0.004)
- Shaft Length: 1 inch (BSA: Same)
- Weight: 0.5g per axle (BSA: 0.83g)
- Material: Titanium (BSA: Zinc-coated steel)
(1) These axles will perform well with no preparation. However, if desired, you can use Diamond Polish to improve the shine.
(2) The Titanium Grooved Axles are not intended for use with our Outlaw Wheels.