Have a need for pinewood derby performance? – try our Super Speed Axles! These axles are precision, CNC-machined for top performance. They are equipped with a straight, round, and smooth shaft, and a slightly tapered head to reduce wheel-to-axle contact.
In addition no preparation is required(1) as there are NO BURRS OR CRIMP MARKS, and the axles have a smooth hard finish.
- Burrs and crimp marks are not present, eliminating tedious work.
- Axle head is slightly beveled to minimize contact with the outside wheel hub.
- Axle shaft is formed to a high tolerance, ensuring top performance.
- Slightly oversized axle shaft minimizes wheel wobble.
- The superior nickel plating provides a smooth hard surface. No preparation is required.(1)
- On the grooved version, the groove on the axle shaft minimizes contract with the wheel bore.
Super Speed Axles substitute for official BSA, PineCar, and other nail type axles.(2) However, while these axles closely resemble BSA axles, they are not the official nail, and are not exact replicas. So, if your race has a strict axle requirement, consider our Official BSA Speed Axles.
Shaft Diameter: 0.0910 inch ± 0.0005 (BSA: 0.088 ± 0.002)
Head Diameter: 0.212 inch ± 0.001 (BSA: 0.208 ± 0.004)
Shaft Length: 1 inch (BSA: Same)
Material: Nickel-coated stainless steel (BSA: Zinc-coated steel)
(1)These axles will perform well with no preparation. However, polishing will improve performance. We recommend using the two finest papers in our axle polishing kit or our Axle Polish.
(2)The Super Speed Axles are not intended for use with our Outlaw Wheels.