Pinstriping is an easy way to add pizzazz to your car. The 120 inch rolls come in two widths: 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch. The pinstriping has a self-adhesive back which readily adheres to most surfaces. Simply unroll the required amount, apply it to the car, trim off the excess, and you're all set.
Instructions for Applying Pinstriping
- Allow paint to dry completely before applying pinstriping.
- Decide where you want to apply the pinstriping, then unroll slighly more than needed. You will want some excess pinstriping on both ends.
- Keeping the pinstriping taut between your two hands, lower the pinstriping onto the car body. If needed, remove and reposition until the pinstriping is in the desired location.
- Use a soft, clean rag to press down the pinstriping.
- With a sharp hobby knife, trim off the excess on each end.
- If the pinstriping will end on a curve (such as the "1/8 Inch White" striping shown in the photo above), continue the pinstriping about an inch under the car. If you stop on the curve, the pinstriping will tend to curl up.
- Pinstriping will accept most brands and formulations of clear coat. So, apply pinstriping after painting, but before clearcoating.
- Store unused pinstriping at room temperature
- Black Pinstriping - Any lighter paint color
- Yellow Pinstriping - Black, and most Blue, Green, Red, and Purple paints
- Blue Pinstriping - Black, White, and most Yellow and Red paints
- White Pinstriping - Any darker paint color
- Red Pinstriping - Black, White, and most Yellow and Blue Paints
- Chrome Pinstriping - Any paint color